BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39641
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : General Discussion : Reading "Dewayne Staats couldn't have put it any better!" Thread

Message #269 of 317  *NEW*
To:  All
drrubb  
Subject:  Dewayne Staats couldn't have put it any better!
Date:  7/2/08, 7:01am
On the subject of Coco Crisp's reduced suspension reguarding the brawl between the Red Sox & Rays.

"What happaned is, in this case, the Red Sox retain their Most Favorite Nation status in the eyes of Major League Baseball. That's just very clear that the message sent out of all of that to every other team in baseball, with the exception of the Yankees, would be you just better not mess with the Red Sox or the Yankees or don't defend yourself against those two teams because if you do, Major League Baseball doesn't like it. That's just not right."

Dewayne Staats (Tampa Bay Rays TV announcer)

I couldn't have said it any better myself!

Reply to Msg #269
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

6255 reads

Message #270 of 317  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Newey  
Subject:  Re: Dewayne Staats couldn't have put it any better!
Date:  7/3/08, 5:41am
graphic
Is this the same announcer that last night commented on Upton's catch at the wall in the 9th as the greatest he's ever seen; explicitly calling it better than "The Catch" by Mays in the '54 World Series.

If so, then it seems he has a long history of overstatement.

Reply to Msg #270
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

7386 reads

Message #271 of 317  *NEW*
To:  Newey
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Dewayne Staats couldn't have put it any better!
Date:  7/3/08, 7:24am
Well, I agree that Upton's catch wasn't the greatest in baseball history. It was definately a nice catch & a very important one at the time. But for Staats to say that about Upton's catch is definately an overstatement & definately premature!

However, I believe he was dead on about the Red Sox/Yankees comment. I don't think he overstated that at all. The Red Sox & Yankees do seem to get preferential treatment way more than other teams. I actuallt respect Staats for his comment about that in particular, but his comment about Upton's catch was pretty rediculous.

Reply to Msg #271
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

7382 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter